Venessa Campbell began supporting Tidwell & Associates as a Law Clerk in June 2019. Previously, Venessa, a native Kentuckian, left her small-town roots to pursue her college degree from the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, graduating with a B.A. in Political Science and Economics. She then studied law at Emory University and the Cumberland School of Law.
After passing the Alabama bar exam, Venessa began her legal career in Alabama as a state prosecutor serving as an Assistant Attorney General and later a federal prosecutor with the United States Attorney’s Office in the Northern District of Alabama. As an Assistant United States Attorney, Venessa had the opportunity to hone her vast skills in legal writing in the federal appellate courts.
She is currently a tour de force for Tidwell and Associates in legal research and writing, creating legal briefs in defense of government officials, including elected officials and police officers, over civil rights claims. Venessa also applies her research and writing superpowers to estate litigation, wrongful termination claims, construction disputes, and commercial landlord-tenant disputes.
Venessa has two adult children and enjoys skiing with her daughter in Colorado and biking with her son in North Carolina.
- Cumberland School of Law (1989)
- Honors: Dean’s List, American Jurisprudence Book Award, Editor, Legal Research Board, Mock Trial & Moot Court
- University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- B.A., Political Science/ Economics
- Honors: Dean’s List, Alpha Lambda Delta Honor Society, Phi Eta Sigma Honor Society
- Internships: British Parliament, House of Commons; United States Senate